Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rogue
Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale
5.3%


Well here we go, I read about this beer in the Rogue newspaper and was excited when I saw it at my local liquor store.

The head is a nice tan color and the beer is a reddish brown, but not very clear.

The aroma is fruity with a nice amount of hoppiness. I also get a slight hint of alcohol off of it .

Low carbonation, and a smooth body. The head is very long lasting on it.

Wow first hit is very hoppy, with a hint of apricot and pine. Sounds weird but that is the first thing I noticed. Once you get through the hops, there is a nice hint of malt.

This beer is a tribute to Sig Hansen and the boat Northwestern, from the show Deadliest Catch. As such portions of proceeds for this beer are going to the Fisherman's Fund.

Tasty beer, quite hoppy for my tastes but still a good beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment