Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rogue
Younger's Special Bitter pt 2
5.0%


Alrighty lets try this again, I went back down to Vines on Riverbend and explained to them about what happened with the last beer. The nice folks down there gave me a fresh bottle for free, good to see customer service is alive and well. Also I was contacted by Rogue and they showed quite a bit of concern for this problem and thanked me for letting them know.

On to the tasting, nice white lacy head with a nice apricot color, still seems a little cloudy to me. I get a nice malty nose in the aroma, with a hint of fruitiness.

Nice amount of body in the mouthfeel, very crisp on the tongue. First taste that hits is not what I thought, I was hoping for malt but I got more of an alcohol and hoppiness taste. Second sip gave me the maltiness that i was looking for with a nice finish of bitterness at the end.

All and all very enjoyable beer, I am glad that I got a second chance at the beer, I say giver a try you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment